Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Sunday, August 13, 2006

movie marathon

H was on a business trip from Thursday to Saturday, so I ransacked the best video rental place in town (that happens to be owned by a guy I know from the movie theater and to be located just around the corner), locked the door and turned on the DVD player. And watched:

Edward Scissorhands (have I mentioned that I love Tim Burton?)

North Country (a little too much courtroom but great women)

The Forest for the Trees (how can anyone be so stupid?)

Ronia, the Robber's Daughter (all-time childhood favorite)

Love me if you dare (meant to watch it when it was on in Taipei and missed out. Amelie meets Ma vie en rose meets Serendipity meets the meanest and most selfish characters you've liked in a movie - great!!!!)

A Love Song for Bobby Long (reminded me of two of my (many) favs: Where the Heart is and Garden State and have I mentioned that I love John Travolta's acting?)

Mystic River (left a bitter taste)

Männerpension (great German comedy)

Nick of time (well-done real-time thriller)

Punch drunk love (weird and cute)

Citizen X (starring Stephen 'I only know one single facial expression' Rea)

and, last but not least, since all my Region 3 Feel Good favs don't run on H's DVD player, a lighthearted relaxing comedy a friend sent me before he left Taiwan:

State and Main :-)



and managed to finish the socks for both Annika and her sister:

(so much for the stupid knitting housewife)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home