Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Thursday, September 08, 2005

grandparents

Monday night, the phone rang, and I had an over-excited aunt telling me that she'd only just talked to my brother and that my grandparents were at her place, and if they could come see us Thursday, the day before we're going on vacation. Of course, they could :-)))
So they turned up: Birgit, my (real) dad's sister who lives in Berlin, about 1.5 hours from Halle, and my grandparents, my (real) dad's parents who live in an area of Germany that I almost never get to. I hadn't seen either in two years, and they'd never met H before. We took a looooong walk to the Saale, had some cake at home (the same I baked for H's sister weeks ago), played with Tuesday (she was soooo funny, and they loved her :-))) and then had dinner at my favorite Czech place. It was soooo great to see them. And of course, now with my being closer to Berlin, it might get much easier to see them more often because Oma and Opa spend a lot of time in Berlin :-) And Birgit doesn't mind the drive, so they can even see Tuesday again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home