Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

ktv

KTV, better known as Karaoke, is something everybody spending time in Asia should have experienced. I used to have a few Karaoke sessions with my Northkorean friends back in Tianjin, and we went to KTV once in Shanghai, almost 4 years ago. I had my first and last KTV in Taipei on Saturday night, as a farewell thing for Margaret and me. Geof had organized something at V-Mix, one of the biggest KTV palaces in Taipei, and we had our own room for the 18 of us (and of course, those rooms are well insulated, so we got quite loud). Thanks Geof, for organizing the whole things. And thanks to the rest of you for giving me such a good time.
Poor Reiner dreaded going (but as nobody tried to make him sing, he was ok, I guess), and Michele isn't exactly a fan of KTV either. But we had soooooo much fun :-))) I'm so bad with titles (and Chinese singers' names) that I only chose a handful of songs myself (the only ABBA song available for a very early and still amazingly sober start). But I recognized most of the Chinese titles and didn't mind grabbing a microphone whenever I felt safe enough to sing. We had booked until 1.30 but stayed on, and it was almost 3 when the last ones left. We went on to Room 18, a posh disco, and then bothered a totally drunk Barry at Chocolate & Love (one of my favorite places in Taipei, not only because they have the Chinese bed I always wanted and the second-cutest chef ever) for one last drink. It was a beautiful light morning when we finally left some time after five. And I still hadn't packed...
I went out every single night of my last week in Taipei. And I probably had more alcohol in that one week than I ever had before I moved to Taipei. But I guess it didn't hurt have a proper farewell. And at least, no sleep the night before flying will help me pass the 14 hours to Frankfurt faster because I'll be too exhausted to even bother watching movies, let alone worry about Tuesday.
The next morning, Alex called to tell me that she went to KTV in Shanghai on Saturday night. And they sang the same songs as we did, 對面的女孩看過來, some Jacky Cheungs, probably Hotel California, too :-)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home