Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

typhoon



Tomorrow is an official typhoon holiday because of super typhoon Haitang, category 5 (of 5), with expected wind speeds of more than 50 m/s. It's the worst one I'll have experienced during my time here (I missed Typhoon Nari in September 2001, we only got the rain in Shanghai back then while parts of Taipei were flooded so badly that some MRT stations were still closed when I came here for my first trip in November). Not that I would worry much, as long as you stay home, the wind might be a little scary but there is no danger. It's mainly a holiday so that people don't go wandering around on the streets where they might be hit by broken-off tree branches or neon signs flying around. I still have some water (and could still dash out to get some more) and instant noodles, and unlike Michele, I haven't filled any buckets with water in case my district will get problems after the typhoon is over (as far as I remember, Hans said our area was fine after Nari). Anything else I need I have, anyway (lots of movies and Tuesday to hold on to, if it gets to scary). Oops, the next gust of wind and rain is starting. Updated satellite pictures here (click on "satellite").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home