Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Monday, November 07, 2005

kungkuan

Walked into Hans' office this morning just like I used to do every morning before work. And what we talked about wasn't that different from back then ;-) except for the part about my reverse culture shock in Germany, like how uncomfortable I feel in German crowds whereas I can handle crowds here in Taiwan well enough. And, of course, the part about anybody in sight feeling qualified to comment on our family planning ("why haven't you stopped taking the pill yet?"), even people I've never met before. I know that it's about the same here - as soon as one is involved with a Taiwanese family. Never was for me, though, nobody ever bothered me with that while I was still here.
Got myself a phone card, too, Monika's prepaid card that she keeps using whenever she's here and that she left with a friend who works in the pseudo Goethe Institute, just around the corner from Reiner's place. And immediately started messaging. Being able to get answers was quite nice for a change :-) Afterwards, I roamed my old neighbourhood and did the whole Kungkuan tour that I did so often on the weekends: down all of Tingzhou from my place towards Keelong Road and back on Roosevelt, with a quick dash over to Hsinsheng, to check out the cd stores and Eslite. Wasn't in much of a shopping mood, though, even less than usual, I guess partly because I still have so much stuff in boxes in Germany that needs to be unpacked before I can focus on buying lots of new things. I've got to go back before I leave, though. I promised Tuesday to bring her some of her favorite cat food from our old pet shop and didn't feel like buying it today.
We, Reiner, Michele and I, concluded the day with diner in Carnegie's: Fish and Chips with the most delicate mushy peas ever and two large Hoegaardens ;-)))))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home