Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

huh?

I keep making mistakes: not signing papers that I need to sign (so that authorities won't give my name and address to just anyone who asks), answering questions on the phone before realizing that it's just somebody trying to sell something, opening the door for people who want me to sign a subscription, taking the wrong papers to the doctor, not punching my train ticket BEFORE getting on the train, still taking ages to look for the right coins, getting up in the restaurant to pay at the door, stopping at the zebra crossing instead of just going but crossing when I'm supposed to stop, asking stupid questions...

The problem is that since I look and speak perfectly German, people tend to be bewildered if not irritated. And I guess the explanation "Sorry, I've only been in Germany for three weeks, and it's all still very confusing" doesn't really help either.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try speaking Mandarin to everyone all the time. Pick your nose while you do this. Spit occasionally. Farting, as always, is optional.
Then at least people will have a reason to look askance at you....
MW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home