Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

cold :-(

It's early august, outside temperature is about 20 degrees, and Tuesday and I are freezing cold. I've been coughing and sneezing since we got here, keep wearing my self-knitted woolen socks and the woolen sweater I must have left here a couple of years ago and happened to find again in a corner of H's cupboard (nothing else to wear until my stuff gets here) and am living on cup after cup of hot tea. Tuesday hardly sheds anymore, already has a winter fur and always freezing cold ears, meows me out of bed the moment H closes the door behind him in the mornings, keeps exploring the apartment for the sunniest spots and follows me around so she can jump on my lap the very second I sit down (like right now) - something she only does in winter. H found her cuddled up under my blanket in the bed the other day and got terribly mad because I'm not supposed to let her in the bedroom (I had told her not to get caught but forgot about her when I went out). But - I found the perfect place to hibernate!!!! The water lily house in the Botanical Gardens.

They had a night special tonight because some very rare water lily is flowering, so I walked there (like about half the population of Halle). And entering the water lily house was like coming home to Taipei: warm and humid and comfortable :-)))) I guess I should get a season ticket, ask them if I can bring my cat and figure out if there is wireless access somewhere around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home