Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

packing

Looks like basically everything is falling into place. 7 weeks for packing etc. after finishing my job sounded very loooooooong. But the time is almost over now, and I DID need it. Of course, I didn't go anywhere except for two badly needed farewell trips to Singapore and Shanghai. And of course, I didn't manage to get out of Taipei or even do my list of stuff I still wanted to see in Taipei. I'm not exactly sure what I did. I had a couple of days where I was so depressed that feeding Tuesday was the only reason to get out of bed. I watched a few movies, I managed to get lost in a couple of books (nothing worth mentioning much, and I keep reading the same few over and over again). I had a few dinners and lunches with Reiner and Michele. Oh, and I went to the gym every second day.

And I packed. Or rather sorted through my clothes (I'll take waaaaaaaay too much), washed the winter stuff, sold off some furniture (there is still way too much, and I'm not really sure how to get rid of it) and stacked all my books, dust catchers, cds,videos and a lot of nonsense in our empty ex-bedroom. Step by step, very slowly, one room at a time. Tomorrow afternoon, the first shipping company will come to give me a quotation. Next week, my stuff will be shipped, and I'll hopefully manage to reduce what I'll take with me on the plane to a manageable amount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home