Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Monday, June 20, 2005

lounge bar in Halle?

Saturday was almost a good day, and it got better when Reiner suggested to go to that new lounge bar here in Gongguan, Common Place. After some fried mozarrella sticks and jalapeno peppers and a couple of GT's, just when I was about to sink back into my common "how in the world can I leave this place?" mode again, I actually had an idea: Maybe opening a 70ies-themed lounge bar in Germany might make me miss Taipei less? I immediately snatched Reiner's cell phone and text-messaged H and my sister and brother. My brother offered his services as bar keeper and then kept going on about his new car. My sister called to tell me she'd take care of the decoration, claiming that she had better taste than I (she shut up when I told her about the 70ies theme) and then offered to help out as waitress. H first replied that this might be the perfect use for my sofa (doesn't he like the jungle pattern???) and then told me flatly that in his opinion, there is no need for a lounge bar in Halle. Well, whatever. Reiner and I had a lot of fun thinking up details like the 70ies wallpaper, the perfect partitions (cloth? paper screens? bead curtains?), the music (Taiwan-style lounge music - maybe I should buy a few more cds before I leave????), the food (standard Taipei lounge bar fare like fried mozarella sticks and sausage combos), drinks (Taiwanese teas? Maybe there's another business opportunity here) and some individual touch (bar cats??? - Common place has at least two cats one of which looks like Tuesday. And when we walked in, somebody had a tiny red tiger in his lap, obviously another bar cat).

And we found the perfect name, of course: Tuesday :-)

When I walked home, after roaming the Eslite bookstore (at quarter to midnight, mind you), amusing the cashier staff with my incomprehensible German chatter, buying a new Bridget Jonesy-Thirty-Something novel ("Thirtynothing" by Lisa Jewell, I spent the whole sunday reading it but didn't like it as much as her other novel "One-Hit Wonder") and grabbing the newest POTS from the stack, I came across the red alleycat who resides opposite of the 7-Eleven and is incredibly affectionate for an alleycat (he held me back by putting his paws around my ankle when I tried to go home after petting him the other day). He looked rather scared, was limping and wouldn't come down from the wall when I called him. I was too tired to persist and decided to come back later to take a closer look. But when I walked by just now, he was nowhere to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home