Are we there yet?

Taipei and Halle; Taiwan and Germany - Iris and Tuesday in transition (click on the pics to enlarge them)

Sunday, June 19, 2005

the perfect cat

A friend keeps calling her fatty Tuesday because I told him that she weighs almost 5kg (I had to weigh her to figure out how much her and the transport box will be for the flight to Germany). Anyway, she's NOT fat! And she's the perfect cat: intelligent, funny, affectionate, talkative sometimes and very quiet on other days. Actually, she's not really a typical cat. A friend described her as more of a mixture between a dog and a little child. She actually does little tricks when she's mad about not being the center of attention. She loves almost everybody, and almost everybody loves her. Except for H. He was stunned how a cat can be so focused on a human being (= me), he says that's so uncatlike. And he's not exactly looking forward to sharing me with her. I guess she can be a bit a little possessive at times. And when I come home after being away for a couple of days, she's usually so excited that she spends the whole day telling me what happened while I was away and protesting against my leaving her alone. And though she will hardly say a word all day when it's just the two of us, the moment I pick up the phone to call somebody, she loves to say hello.

I got her from Poagao, a guy I know from Forumosa, the expat internet forum that used to be my second living room here in Taipei. It was 1 October 2002 (a tuesday - hint, hint), and she was a mere two months old and so tiny that I wasn't really sure I could do this, raise a kitten. And she already loved to talk.

She's grown quite a bit since then, and she's gotten a little more quiet. And I'm sure she'll do fine in Germany.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this cat can keep her mouth shut, exept when she's sleeping

 

Post a Comment

<< Home